Electric kettles are one of the most useful kitchen appliances ever made. From boiling water to making instant noodles, you can use an electric kettle for a variety of things. Modern electric kettles are can do more than just boiling water. That’s because they are made multi-functional.
Just like everything else even electric kettles have evolved. Modern electric kettles come with many features that make them more useful. Whether in a kitchen or hostel, having an electric kettle can make your life easier.
If you are planning to get an electric kettle, you are in the right place. In this post, we will cover the features of a modern electric kettle. Along with that, we will also cover the pros and cons.
Features of Electric Kettles
Electric kettles are more advanced and better than traditional style kettles. The features of an electric kettle are what make them better than a conventional kettle.
Before you think of getting an electric kettle, you should know its features. To give you an idea, we have listed all the features of an electric kettle. You will find these features in almost any electric kettle model.
Powered by electricity
The most obvious thing about an electric kettle is that it is powered by electricity. Unlike a traditional kettle, you don’t have to put it on the stovetop. In the case of an electric-powered kettle, all you need to do is plug it into the power outlet.
If you are using a cordless kettle, you will have to power it using the detachable base it comes with. This is one of the reasons why electric kettles are safe to use even for hoteliers. They don’t have to deal with flames and fire to get an electric kettle working.
Portable & compact
Almost all electric kettles are portable. They are designed to be used in different places. Not just that, but you can even carry them with you when needed. An electric kettle just needs a power source. This means you can use it at any place where there is a power outlet.
Even the size of an electric kettle is small. Due to the compact design of these kettles, you can easily fit them in any corner of your kitchen. They occupy very little space and therefore, it shouldn’t be a problem storing them.
Can be multi-functional
Electric kettles can also be multi-functional, but not all of them. A multi-functional electric kettle can be used for boiling water, milk, soup, making instant noodles, pasta, etc. Some of them even come with pre-set cooking temperatures. This type of electric kettles is perfect for people who hate to prepare breakfast in the morning.
With the help of a multi-purpose electric kettle, you can do a lot of things. When buying an electric kettle make sure to check whether it is multi-functional. If it is a regular electric kettle, it cannot prepare pasta or noodles for you.
Also Check : Best Electric Kettle for Hostel In India
This is one of the best features of an electric-powered kettle. It enables the kettle to auto shut off itself when the desired temperature is reached. It acts as a safety feature that prevents the kettle from getting overheated.
Let’s say, you forgot to switch off the kettle. This feature will automatically cut off the power supply and stop the appliance from working. This means you don’t have to worry about your kettle getting heated or damaged even if you leave it on.
Another important feature that every electric kettle should have is a thermostat. This allows you to set the temperature of the kettle as per your requirements.
Every people require water with different temperature. For example, you want to boil water at a low temperature for your kid. But when you boil water for your tea/coffee you run it at medium or high settings. You can maintain the right temperature with the help of a thermostat.
Do not forget to check : Best electric kettle under RS 1000
Most electric kettles are equipped with ergonomic handles. This is an important aspect of a kettle that most of us tend to ignore. You want a kettle with a handle that provides you a good grip. At the same time, it shouldn’t feel hot when lifting it from the base.
Handles with a textured feel and strong grip are the best. This allows you to hold and lift the kettle firmly even when it is full. The handle should be cool-touch, so you don’t burn your fingers while touching it.
- Electric kettles are fast. Most kettles take up to 3 to 4 minutes to boil water. These kettles are designed to be fast and time-saving.
- You can use an electric kettle for multiple purposes. From boiling water to eggs to soup, it can be your best companion.
- With the help of an electric kettle, you can boil water to a precise temperature. This is made possible because of the thermostat it comes with.
- Most electric kettles are energy efficient, which means they don’t consume much energy. However, larger kettles consume a little more energy.
- You can carry an electric kettle wherever you want and use it without any hassles.
- Modern electric kettles are equipped with many safety features. All these features make an electric kettle safe to use.
- Electric kettles are affordable, which means you don‘t have to burn a hole in your pocket to buy one.
- Compared to stovetop or traditional kettles, electronic kettles are more expensive.
- Electric kettles that are made of plastic are not durable. Plus, they are more prone to accidents.
- Larger electric kettles consume a lot of energy. Using it regularly can spike up your electricity bills every month.
Electric kettles can be the best boiling partner you will ever have. It is not only easy but also safe to use. It may have a few cons, but that can be overlooked for all the features and benefits it offers. If you want to buy a best electric kettle make sure you get it from a reputable brand.