Electric kettles are more useful than you can imagine. If you have a multipurpose electric kettle, you can use it to boil water for tea/coffee, instant noodles, soup, hot cocoa, and more. It is a convenient kitchen that every household should have.
Modern electric kettles are equipped with many advanced features. For example, 360-degree swivel base, auto shut-off, etc. All these features make electric kettles more convenient and safe to use.
Unlike traditional kettles, electric kettles don’t need to be put on the stovetop or induction. It is powered by electricity. It is because of this reason electric kettles are much safer to use.
The most common use of an electric kettle is making tea. If you want to know how to prepare tea using an electric kettle, you are in the right place. We have laid down a detailed guide for your help.
Step-By-Step Guide to Make Tea in Electric Kettle
When it comes to making tea, some of us prefer black tea and others with milk. We will cover the steps for making both types of tea in an electric kettle.
So let’s start with the easy one first and that is tea without milk. If you want to make black tea in your electric kettle, you should follow these steps.
- The first thing you need to do is take your electric kettle and boil some water. You can make all types of tea without milk. For example, purple tea, green tea, oolong tea, etc.
- Now take a teabag or prepare a pot of tea leaves of your favorite flavor.
- Once the water gets ready, pour it into the pot of leaves.
- Take a lid and cover the pot. You need to let it steep for some time. Just so you know black tea takes about 2 to 3 minutes to steep, while green tea takes a minute. On the other hand, herbal or oolong tea takes more than 2 minutes to steep.
- Once the steeping time is over, remove the lid and strain the tea into a teacup.
- If needed, you can add sugar or have it without it. Some of you even prefer honey to sweeten your tea.
The steps are simple and anyone can do it without making a mess. It is the fastest way to make and enjoy black tea.
For those of you who enjoy milk tea, you guys need to work a few more extra steps to prepare your favorite beverage. Here are the steps you need to follow:
- At first, you need to boil water in your electric kettle.
- In the meantime, prepare a pot of leaves of your choice. If you love a stronger version then take extra leaves.
- Once the water reaches the desired temperature, pour it carefully into the pot containing tea leaves.
- Now it steep for the required time based on the type of tea you are making.
- Once you are done with steeping, you can pour the milk slowly into it. Make sure that you add the milk gradually and not all at once. Use a spoon to stir the mixture after every addition. If you add the milk in one go, it will make the tea watery.
- If you are using original tea leaves, you will have to strain them using a strainer.
- After that, you can add any type of sweetener you want and enjoy your hot cup of tea.
The steps to making milk tea are the same as black tea. The only extra thing you need to do is add the milk into it. Hopefully, this will help you make the perfect cup of tea with your electric kettle.
You must Check : Best electric kettle under Rs 1000 in india
Tips to Use Electric Kettle for Making Tea
We have listed some tips that you should follow while making tea in your electric kettle.
- Clean your electric kettle every time after use.
- You should not overfill the kettle.
- You should avoid storing water in your electric kettle.
- You shouldn’t turn on an empty electric kettle.
How to clean an electric kettle?
Many of you are not sure how to clean an electric kettle. We have explained some of the common methods following which you can clean your kettle inside out.
Here you go with the details:
Vinegar acts as an effective cleaning ingredient.
- Take your electric kettle and fill it 1/2 to 3/4 full with equal parts water and white vinegar.
- Now boil the kettle and then turn it off.
- Let the vinegar mixture sit in the kettle for at least 15 to 20 minutes.
- After the time is over, you can throw away the mixture and wipe it clean.
Citric Acid method:
To clean your electric kettle you need to follow these steps:
- Fill your kettle with water and boil it.
- Turn it off and then add 1 to 2 tablespoons of citric acid powder to the water.
- Let the mixture sit for 15 to 20 minutes before you discard it.
- Once you are done with the above steps, you should make the extra effort of scrubbing your kettle. For this, you need a soft scrubber pad.
- Gently scrub the inside and the exterior of the kettle and wash it off with water.
- Once you are done cleaning your kettle, boil a few pots of water and throw it each time. By doing so, you will remove any left behind taste. This is not a mandatory step, but you should do it to clean your electric kettle thoroughly. Also, if you are using vinegar to clean your kettle, then performing this step is a good option. After all, you wouldn’t want your next cup of tea to taste like vinegar.
Making tea with an electric kettle is easy and time-saving. Now that you know the steps to prepare both milk tea and black, it should be easy for you to get it done. But make sure that you clean your kettle after it.